Nonprofit Board Answer BookPractical Guidelines for Board Members and Chief Executives
By Robert C. Andringa and Ted W. Engstrom
209 pages. Hardcover.
At last, a book on boards that goes beyond theory to talk about real-life experiences and lessons learned. The authors share more than 70 years of collective experience in training thousands of board members and chief staff executives on how to make their boards efficient, productive, and successful. Written for seasoned and new nonprofit leaders alike, this hardcover book covers a wide range of issues in nonprofit board governance in an easy-to-follow, question-and-answer format.
Some of the practical nuts-and-bolts information you'll find in this book includes:
- Recruiting committed and active board members
- Establishing board size and structure
- Elements of a board policy manual
- Developing conflict-of-interest policies
- Including staff on the board
- Responsibilities of the board chair, CEO, and board members
- Involving board members in assessing board performance
- What to do when your board just doesn't work
- Stepping down a dozen soul-searching questions for the CEO
Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other viewers!